6.03.2010

and it begins.

i guess i'm hopping on this bandwagon of blog writing. if anyone is actually interested enough to see what is going on in my life this summer, i'm flattered and already love you a lot. i guess there isn't any other way for me to kick this off than do a little about me. neat.

i'm blessed beyond measure. i have the greatest friends, a wonderful family, and an even better God. these three things alone get me by. i can't imagine life without any of them.
my sister, loren. she's done more for me than she'll ever know.
my wonderful parents.
my best friends on the planet. i love them dearly.


i've played basketball for as long as i can remember. it's been a huge part of my life up until this year. (minus being intramural champs, what's up.) every once in a while, i regret not playing at the college level. but not really. i would have died. i wouldn't change a thing.



my best friend and best teammate for 12 years. i can't imagine this journey without libby burgher.


oh hey, britney griner. thanks for ending my high school basketball career by dunking on me three times. although, thanks for not punching me in the face. i'll pick my battles.

the best intramural team i could ever ask for.

my niece is my world. that sums it up. i am beyond obsessed with her. if it's possible to be best friends with a two year old, i am.










i'll finish off with random and useless facts that will, actually, benefit in no way whatsoever. ready, go.
1) i used to be left handed. my teacher made me change in 3rd grade. i golf, play tennis, bat, and do everything except write and throw with my left hand still. i'm still a little bitter, for my coordination is beyond terrible from this.
2) i have OCD over the weirdest things. i used to have to tap things 3 times, but i've gotten over that. i prioritize my french fries, and cannot stand for my food to touch. i also have to have volumes in increments of 5. don't test me.
3) i used to be addicted to diet dr pepper. i used to have 9 a day, which usually turned into 10 due to my OCD with numbers. (hence above statement.) i haven't had one since january 11th, and i still want one every day.
4) i was the school mascot. okay, you can laugh now.
5) i hate ellipses more than you know. they make me super uncomfortable. i'm also obsessed with grammar. good vs. well, your vs. you're, and me vs. i are my personal favorites. i also hate the words moist, loaf, and ointment. i'd rather get an indian sunburn and a wedgie simultaneously than you say those words to me.

i think this is enough for an introduction. i hope this is sufficient.

and, as my main focus and big event for the summer.. drum roll?

haiti! i am beyond excited and am so blessed to be able to go and serve. but that is for a post in itself. it is that big of a deal to me. be excited, friends.

1 comment:

  1. no going to lie, i'm a little upset i'm not in this post. :)

    ReplyDelete