6.04.2010

90's.



driving home today, i was graced with the presence of *nsync on my ipod. how i got so lucky out of 4,000 songs, i don't know. i spent my whole 30 minute drive home sitting in nauseating houston standstill traffic (at noon. seriously.) reminiscing on the wonderful 90's era. granted, i looked like godzilla and was a complete toolbag up until i was about 10 years old, it was a beautiful time. just bask in the beauty of the era. it's time for a throwback. brace yourself.


i was a nightmare. i lied to my jewish teacher in 1st grade and told her my dad was jewish because i noticed her favoritism. i really wanted a dreidel or something. as my dad dropped me off for school, he kept getting "happy hanukkah's" and "mazeltov's" from her like nobody's business. i was a true gem. it was also the days that you could tell if my mom was out of town because my hair would be the same for three days since my dad was incapable of helping me at least come across as a girl. also, i was a complete bully. probably because i was 30 pounds heavier and 5 inches taller than everybody. i probably wasn't allowed to play dodgeball for safety reasons, now that i think about it. it's fine.

other wonderful flashbacks i had?

rugrats. i was convinced tommy pickles would be my husband and that reptar would eat me in my sleep.

since i was only allowed 30 minutes of television a day, (now that i think about it, probably because i wasn't the skinniest lad) there was a daily struggle deciding between hey arnold and rugrats. tommy being my husband and helga g. pataki being my spitting image threw me for a loop come 5pm.
but seriously. 90's television was the best. high caliber shows, really. early saturday morning cartoons, figure it out, legends of the hidden temple, slime time, and recess.



commentary not necessary. i was picky. i only liked fishsticks. is that even real food?


britney spears was still normal. it's hard to swallow. along the same lines; radio disney.


the scrunchy one-size-fits-all shirt. maybe i thought this concealed my belly fat. limited too was so good to me.

cheers to the 90's. mazeltov, dad.






1 comment:

  1. Abby, I'm surprised you remember the 90's since you were only born a few years back. just saying. love you, child.

    ReplyDelete